Stiffer and Stronger Than a Steel Repair
” I can honestly say that NRI has the highest modulus composite repair system in the world. ”
A Scientific Breakthrough in Composite Technology
The strength of C464 is based on high-performance carbon fibers. The carbon atoms arrange themselves in a pattern to create a rigid structure that does not easily deform.
A proprietary resin strongly bonds to steel and the carbon fibers to create a stiff matrix that can transfer any load or force from the steel pipe onto the ultra-strong carbon fiber.
Scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of densely arranged carbon fibers in resin matrix.
Safer Than a Steel Repair
Super-strong composite created at room temperature on-site with no vacuums, high temperatures, or molds necessary
Lightweight material easy to install — no welding, no hot work, no shutdown, and less equipment necessary than with steel repairs
Material certification and certification of analysis are provided with each lot
Lower Strain Than Pristine Steel Pipe
- 50% corrosion defect repaired with Steel Wrap demonstrating lower strains than the pristine pipe without a defect
- All strain measurements under repairs with Steel Wrap are below 400 microstrains
- Most current repair systems allow the defects repaired in pipelines to see 1800-8800 microstrain based on the PRCI long-term study
- 250k cycles represents a minimum 50 year design life
C464 Carbon Fiber/Resin Composites: The Future of Pipeline Repair
Offering a Comprehensive Solution in Pipeline Repair
From the hands-on involvement of our senior management to our product training and in-the-field engineering supervision, NRI is committed to providing our clients with the utmost in quality, reliability, durability, integrity, and affordability.
- Repair Assessment
- NRI University Training/Education
- Quality Assurance
- On-site Application Guidance
- Access to In-the-Field Experts
- Long-term Assessment Planning