Carbon Fiber Structural Repair System
The Titan™ 218 structural repair system is comprised of a unique, bi-axial carbon fiber fabric, saturated with NRI”s proprietary epoxy system, Titan™-Staturant Epoxy.
The Titan™ 218 carbon fiber is oriented in the 0° / 90° directions with the 0° direction being the primary, continuous fibers. The development of this system was designed to conform to ACI440 standards for nonmetallic composite reinforcing solution of concrete.The Titan™-Staturant Epoxy system is a two-part, 100% solid epoxy system designed for use in a wide variety of environments possessing excellent chemical resistance and high temperature ratings
- Structural reinforcement
- Containment and shear reinforcement
- Bridge column repair
- Pile repair
- Seismic retrofitting
- Long working time even in hot environments
- Properties retained even at high temperature use
- Solvent free, no VOC”s
- Applicable in damp and wet environments
- High strength and light weight
- Manufactured in ISO 9001 certified facility
- Full factory engineering consultation and support, ensuring safe and successful repairs
|Property||Design Values||Typical Test Value|
|Tensile Strength *||141,870 psi||173,640 psi|
|Tensile Modulus||14.5 x 106 psi||14.50 x 106 psi|
|Elongation at Break **||0.98%||1.12%|
|Laminate Thickness||0.034 in. (1.0mm)||0.034 in. (0.9mm)|
Specimens were conditioned & tested under ambient laboratory conditions at 73˚F (23˚C) with 60% relative humidity.
* Design value calculated as mean ultimate tensile strength minus three standard deviations, per ACI 440.8-13.
** Ultimate rupture strain calculated as the ultimate tensile force per unit width divided by mean chord tensile stiffness per unit width, per ACI 440.8-13.
|Property||Typical Test Value|
|Tensile Strength||550,000 psi (3.79 GPa)|
|Tensile Modulus||34.5 x 106 psi (230 GPa)|
|Density||0.065 lbs./in.3 (1.8 g/cm3)|
|Weight per square yard||18 oz. (600 g/m2)|