- Flare lines
- Steam piping
- Girth welds, elbows, tees
- Chemical processing lines
- Anywhere elevated temperatures are of concern or expected
- High temperature rating with an ambient cured epoxy
- No heating or post-curing required
- Full factory engineering calculations, consultation, and support
- High tensile strength and stiffness
Sold based on square foot of coverage
As determined by NRI engineering calculations
Mixing & Mix Ratio
Power mix Part A, then combine with Part B and power mix. Do not mix partial kits. Resin to hardener 100:27 by volume.
75 minutes @ 75 ˚F (24 ˚C), less at higher temperatures
- Epoxy application temperature: minimum of 50 ˚F (10 ˚C) and maximum of 200 ˚ (93 ˚C)
- Maximum allowable sustained humidity must be less than 90%
The following products are system components of the Thermo-Wrap CF system:
- Thermo-Fill HC
- Syntho-Coat or Syntho-Glass UV
Thermo-Wrap CF was designed to conform to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions. Consult NRI Engineering for specified use.
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the CFRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPCSP10 / NACE 2 “Near White Blast Cleaning” 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-75 microns). The Thermo-Wrap CF composite repair system is a bond-critical composite repair system requiring a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the Thermo-Wrap CF system.
Installation of the Thermo-Wrap CF system shall be performed by NRI qualified applicators only. Surface preparation, mixing of epoxy, material saturation, and installation of the system are to be in accordance with NRI’s Thermo-Wrap CF Installation Guide, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the Thermo-Wrap CF system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision
Cleanup and Safety
For proper information regarding the safe handling, storage, and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent SDS, latest revision, containing physical, ecological, toxicological, and other safety-related data.
Epoxy: 12 months with proper storage Fabric: 12 months with proper storage
Epoxy: store in original, unopened containers, indoors at a max temp of 95°F (35°C).
Fabric: store at temperatures below 100 ˚F (38 ˚C) away from moisture or any contaminants, in original packaging
Thermo-Wrap CF is supplied in kits which contain:
- Thermo-Wrap CF dry fiber ranging in widths from 2” (5cm) to 12” (30cm)
- Thermo-Poxy ranging from pint to gallons for the following coverages: 20ft2 (1.8m 2), 40ft2 (3.7m 2), 80ft2 (7.4m 2), 160ft2 (14.8m 2)
- Typically ships in 17” x 15” x 14” boxes (43cm x 38cm x 36cm)
- THWCF CS Offshore – 24in OD Riser Repair, Philippines_Oct 2016.pdf
- THWCF CS Process Piping – 18in OD High psi w Int Corrosion, S Korea_July….pdf