- Flare lines, blow down lines, steam piping, chemical processing lines
- Girth welds, elbows, tee
- High temperature environments, up to 500F
- High temperature rating with an ambient-cured epoxy
- Factory-saturated, no mixing required
- Design conforms to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions
- Sold based on square foot of coverage required
- As determined by NRI engineering calculations
Mixing and Mixing Ratio
- Unlimited at ambient conditions. 2 hours @ 446˚F (230˚C)
- Product will not cure at ambient temperatures. Temperature shall be a minimum of 400˚F (205˚C) and a recommended maximum of 500˚F (260˚C) in order for curing to occur.
The following products are system components of the Thermo-Wrap system:
- Filler: Thermo-Fill™500 Filler
- Primer / Saturant: Thermo-Poxy™ 500
- UV Protection, if necessary: Syntho-Coat™ or Syntho-Glass®UV
- Compression Film
The Thermo-Wrap composite repair system was designed to conform to, and is recognized by ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions. Consult NRI Engineering for specified use.
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the FRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP11 “Power Tool Cleaning” with a 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-76 microns) minimum. NRI’s composite repair systems are bond-critical and require a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the composite system for maximum effectiveness.
Installation of the Thermo-Wrap Inspectable composite repair system shall be performed by NRI qualified applicators only. Surface preparation, mixing of epoxy, material saturation, and installation of the system shall be in accordance with NRI’s product specific installation guides, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision.
Cleanup and Safety
For proper information regarding the safe handling, storage, and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent SDS, latest revision, containing physical, ecological, toxicological, and other safety-related data.
- Epoxy: 12 months
- Fabric: 12 months
- Epoxy: store in original, unopened containers, indoors at a max temp of 95°F (35°C).
- Fabric: store at temperatures below 100˚F (38˚C) away from moisture or any contaminants, in original packaging
Thermo-Wrap Inspectable is supplied in kits which contain:
- Thermo-Wrap dry fiber ranging in widths from 3” (8cm) to 12” (30cm)
- Thermo-Poxy ranging from pint to gallons for the following coverages: 20ft2 (1.8m2 ), 40ft2 (3.7m2 ), 80ft2 (7.4m2 ), 160ft2 (14.8m2 )
- Typically ships in 17” x 15” x 14” boxes (43cm x 38cm x 36cm)