- Corrosion prevention
- Protection at support areas
- Mechanical barrier
- Prevents corrosion
- Impact/Abrasion resistance
- Easy to apply
- No mixing, no measuring ensures consistent glass to resin ratio, therefore consistent results
- Can be applied in any weather condition, even underwater
- Contains no solvents
Based on pipe size
Mixing & Mix Ratio
No mixing required
30 minutes @ 75˚F (24˚C), less at higher temperatures
- Product may yellow due to UV exposure
- Used for corrosion, abrasion, and impact protection only
- Can be used on diameters between 2” and 48”
- UV protection: Syntho-Coat or Syntho-Glass®UV
- Compression film
Syntho-Support was designed to protect pipe supports. Consult NRI Engineering for specified use.
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the FRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP11 “Power Tool Cleaning” with a 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-75 microns) minimum. If existing coating is present, roughen to degloss. NRI’s composite repair systems are bond-critical and require a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the composite system.
Surface preparation, and installation of the system shall be in accordance with NRI’s SynthoSupport Installation Guide, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision.
Cleanup and Safety
For proper information regarding the safe handling, storage, and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent SDS, latest revision, containing physical, ecological, toxicological, and other safety-related data.
Store in original, unopened packaging, indoors at a max temp of 95°F (35°C)
Packaging based on size Typically ships in 17” x 15” x 14” boxes (43cm x 38cm x 36cm)