Carbon Fiber Structural Repair System
The Syntho-Shore product line is the first under-water FRP system that is ACI 440.2R-08 compliant designed for structural repairs and reinforcement. Syntho-Shore 118C is factory-saturated, comprised of a unique, uni-directional carbon fabric.
- Structural strengthening of concrete, masonry, and wood piles which are submerged under-water or have high moisture content on the substrate.
- System is not size specific and does not require large mobilizations, like FRP jackets do
- Much simpler to use under-water compared to FRP jackets
- System complies with confinement equations in ACI 440.2R-08
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility with available certification for minimum physical properties, no field coupon testing required
- 100% solvent free; zero VOC system
- Durable, highly resistant to aggressive environments; can be used in splash zone or immersion
- High strength and light weight
|Property||Design Values||Typical Test Value|
|Tensile Strength *||141,870 psi||173,640 psi|
|Tensile Modulus||14.5 x 106 psi||14.50 x 106 psi|
|Elongation at Break **||0.98%||1.12%|
|Laminate Thickness||0.034 in. (1.0mm)||0.034 in. (0.9mm)|
|Specimens were conditioned & tested under ambient laboratory conditions at 73˚F (23˚C) with 60% relative humidity.
* Design value calculated as mean ultimate tensile strength minus three standard deviations, per ACI 440.8-13.
** Ultimate rupture strain calculated as the ultimate tensile force per unit width divided by mean chord tensile stiffness per unit width, per ACI 440.8-13.
|Property||Typical Test Value|
|Tensile Strength||550,000 psi (3.79 GPa)|
|Tensile Modulus||34.5 x 106 psi (230 GPa)|
|Density||0.065 lbs./in.3 (1.8 g/cm3)|
|Weight per square yard||18 oz. (600 g/m2)|