- Deficiencies including dents, gouges, wrinkle bends, and cracks
- Deterioration and damage including CUI, metal loss, pitting, cracking
- Regulatory changes including classification factor changes, road crossing reinforcement, casing alternative
- Structural steel applications including steel member reinforcement; steel plate repair for tanks, decks, hulls; stiffening/load capacity increase; weight reduction
- Stiffer and stronger than steel
- No post-curing necessary
- Stronger physical properties than steel = lower design thickness
- Highest strain reduction available
The following products are system components of the Steel-Wrap E system:
Steel-Wrap E Primer
- As determined by NRI engineering calculations
Composite System Properties and Cure Schedule
- Please see datasheet
Filler: 25 minutes @ 75°F (24°C), less at higher temperatures
Primer: 15 minutes @ 75°F (24°C), less at higher temperatures
Epoxy application temperature: minimum of 50°F (10°C) and maximum of 110°F (43°C)
Maximum allowable sustained humidity must be less than 90%.
The Steel-Wrap E composite repair system was designed to conform to, and is recognized by ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions. Consult NRI Engineering for specified use.
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the FRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP11 “Power Tool Cleaning” with a 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-76 microns) minimum. NRI’s composite repair systems are bond-critical and require a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the composite system for maximum effectiveness.
- 12 months with proper storage
Cleanup and Safety
- Epoxy: 12 months
- Fabric: 12 months
- Epoxy: store in original, unopened containers, indoors at a max temp of 95°F (35°C).
- Fabric: store at temperatures below 100˚F (38˚C) away from moisture or any contaminants, in original packaging
Supplied in a kit which contains:
- Steel-Wrap E: 25 SQF Kit or 50 SQF Kit
Please see datasheet.