Repair external or internal corrosion defects on 98% sulfuric acid lines, flare lines, blow down lines, and chemical processing lines
- Compatible with 98% sulfuric acid
- Conformable for repairing elbow, tees, nozzles, welds and headers
- Ambient-cured epoxy
- Design conforms to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing and repair
- Application temperature shall be a minimum of 100°F (38°C) and a recommended maximum of 175°F (79°C)
- Relative humidity must be 85% or below
- Pipe surface must be 5˚F (3°C) above dew point
The following products are system components of the Acid-Shield system:
- Compression Film
The Acid-Shield composite repair system was designed to conform to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions. Consult NRI Engineering for specified use
Sold based on square foot of coverage required
As determined by NRI engineering calculations
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the FRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP11 “Power Tool Cleaning” with a 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-76 microns) minimum, or better. NRI’s composite repair systems are bond-critical and require a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the composite system for maximum effectiveness.
Mixing & Mix Ratio
Power mix Part A, then combine with Part B and power mix. Do not mix partial kits. Resin to hardener 100:31.3 by weight.
Installation of the Acid-Shield composite repair system shall be performed by NRI qualified applicators only. Surface preparation, mixing of epoxy, material saturation, and installation of the system shall be in accordance with NRI’s product specific installation guides, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision.
Cleanup and Safety
For proper information regarding the safe handling, storage, and disposal of chemical products, users shall refer to the most recent SDS, latest revision, containing physical, ecological, toxicological, and other safety-related data.
12 months (epoxy and fabric)
Epoxy: store in original, unopened containers, indoors at a max temp of 95°F (35°C).
Fabric: store at temperatures below 100˚F (38˚C) away from moisture or any contaminants, in original packaging
Acid-Shield is supplied in kits which contain:
- Acid-Shield chemically resistant bi-directional fiberglass available in the following widths: 3” (8cm), 6” (15.2cm) and 12” (30cm)
- Acid-Shield Epoxy Saturant ranging from pint to gallons for the following coverages: 20ft2 (1.8m2 ), 40ft2 (3.7m2 ), 80ft2 (7.4m2 ), and 160ft2 (14.8m2)